Sunday, March 4, 2012

Welcome!

Glad you stopped by! Sunday evening on March 4th and here I am writing my first blog!! I am no professional writer, I don't tweet.. but I love to talk, and google and check my facebook page who knows how many times a day! Why blog? well, I love reading magazines, checking out the latest recipes, healthy food ideas and baking... I love to bake for special occasions, get togethers and for just no reason! I love to host get togethers and trying new recipes! So I hope you stop by again, I will post dinner ideas, new recipes I have tried and ones I will attempt! and the ones that turn out fantastic, I will post pictures of! Today, I made my Italian Pasta Sauce, as an Italian young woman, I learnt to make this pasta sauce when I was a young girl, watching my mother making it each Sunday! Sunday was always a pasta dinner night... well, who's kidding who? in an Italian household pasta dinners were every second night! So, today I prepared the sauce as I am making a whole wheat lasagna on Monday (pasta not made by scratch) I haven't gotten to that step yet!!! Ingredients: Italian mild sausages (homemade when my father makes them) if not, Farm Boy 1 can of Unico Sauce onion garlic olive oil red wine salt pepper basil (I love the fresh basil) Oregano You can add carrots, mushrooms if you wish! I let it simmer for about 1.5 hours We went to my parents place for dinner tonight, bbq!!! sooo good.. and when we walked back into our home tonight, the smell of pasta sauce was amazing!!! stay tuned for details on how my lasagna turns out! have a good night! Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment