Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Stew!!!!

Well I haven't posted in the last few days, so I thought tonight I would do a bit of catching up! I hope everyone in the Ottawa area has been enjoying the Spring weather, its going to be a beautiful weekend. Let's talk food!! Monday night I made a homemade family stew, it was delicious and the good thing about it is there is always leftovers for lunch the next day.. gotta love that! Now, the stew is a favorite dish of my husband's, as his mom use to make this for them. Ingredients: beefing stew ( I use one package for the two of us) sausages (mild) remove casings potatoes carrots mushrooms (thought I would give it a try) garlic bay leaves onion salt/pepper oregano basil beef broth (one can) Bovril sauce heat up the oil, garlic and onion and allow meats to brown then you add the vegetables, beef broth, the bovril sauce and add water enough to cover the potatoes I let it cook over medium, and then simmer, for about an hour. It was delicious, and when you heat it up the next day, mmmm.. good!!! It is a great comfort food meal. enjoy!!! Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment